The United Kingdom Association of Psychotherapy Integration has prepared this policy for you to understand why and how we handle personal data. Under the General Data Protection Regulations, we are a “data controller”, as we collect and use personal data. We therefore have a number of responsibilities to protect our members and associates.
What type of data do we hold?
The data we hold includes:
- Member information
Information you voluntary provide to us when you join UKAPI and when you choose to be included in our Find an Integrative Psychotherapist and/or Supervisor directory: As provided on the ‘Membership Application/Renewal’ form; and, as provided on the ‘Find an Integrative Psychotherapist and/or Supervisor’ directory entry form. And, Emails that are sent between us.
- Email lists
Your Email address when you voluntary choose to: Join our Mailing List.
- Enquirers information
Emails that are sent between us.
How do we keep your data safe?
We keep your information confidential and all our platforms are password protected and follow standard technical safety and privacy procedures.
- Our ‘Membership’ database is held in Dropbox (a secure cloud based storage) in an Excel spreadsheet; and in our website content management system (CMS) WordPress. Member information is kept for as long as the person remains a member.
- Our ‘Find an Integrative Psychotherapist and/or Supervisor’ directory is held in our website content management system (CMS) WordPress. The directory entry is kept for as long as a person is a member and a request for inclusion in our ‘Find an Integrative Psychotherapist and/or Supervisor’ directory is made.
- Email addresses are held within our email newsletter processing platform, TinyLetter. You may unsubcribe from receiving emails at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” function.
- Enquirers information is held in secure password protected servers.
NB Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Web Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
You have right with regards to the data held:
- The right of access. We will provide you with all data we hold on you as soon as we can following a request (and definitely within 30 days). NB as a member and as a therapist and/or supervisor having an entry on our ‘Find a Therapist and/or Supervisor’ directory held in our website you already have access to all the data we hold on you.
- The right to rectification. If any data we hold is incorrect, just let us know and we will correct it as soon as we can following a request (and definitely within 30 days).
- The right to erasure. If you wish us to erase your data just let us know and we will delete any computer records and shred any paper records as soon as we can following a request (and definitely within 30 days).
Who do we share data with?
We will not hand out or pass on your data to third-parties unless you instruct us to do so.
How do we communicate with people?
People will be offered the option to ‘Join our Mailing List’, and we will email those who do from time to time to advise of our workshops, conferences and other related activities. This may include wider social and political issues and more therapeutic focused or technical issues. Any communication will only be sent by a committee member and/or our administrator.
We use social media to reach out to the general public. We do not collect personal data from our social media sites.
How long do we hold data?
We hold personal data for the minimum amount of time necessary.
We hope that we can address any concerns you may have, but you can always contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). For more information, visit www.ico.org.uk.